Ridiculous as it sounds, sometimes we forget what God can do. And that's when we try to take things into our own hands and solve problems by ourselves.
Today was quite a hectic day. Couldn't get to sleep last night. (Forgot to pray for mercy) So woke up early to fetch Joe from the airport with a headache. (Forgot to pray for healing) Then rushed off to meet the Programme Comm for Children Camp. And rushed worship practice cause our discussion ended late. (Forgot to pray for Holy Spirit to lead us before we started)
No wonder why I felt so uncomfortable. While I was struggling to get to sleep, while I was groaning about my nausea, while I felt like my brain just couldn't plan anything or arrange the songs, I never once thought of turning to God. What a strong irony. Being in the House of God yet in our hurry neglecting Him as we rush around.
It took me so long to realize what I'd done wrongly the entire day. What I missed out on.
As I was doing the PowerPoint slides for tomorrow's worship, I was reminded of God's Goodness. The essence of what I was singing.
Light of the world,
You stepped down into darkness,
Opened my eyes let me see
Beauty that made this heart adore you
Hope of a life spent with you.
I wish I could italicize the words that spoke to me. (but I'm mobile blogging)
But what struck me was the last sentence. Hope of a life spent with you.
It moved me because this is exactly what He is offering us and time and time again we forget or we reject His presence. And in His never-ending mercy, He offers again.
Dear God, Dear Daddy God, I'm so sorry for being too busy for you today. Thank you for your unconditional love and for reaching down and touching me. Sorry for being so me-centered, trusting in my own strength instead of your might Power. I pray for worship tomorrow. Help me start it right. Help me to be sensitive to your spirit. Use Tammie and me powerfully to touch these children's heart O God. In your mighty name I bind any distractions or any feelings of self consciousness that may prevent them from worshipping you. Help us to fulfill our sole purpose in loving you. I commit all these into your hands.
In Jesus' name, Amen.