Recently I just feel like the Lord keeps speaking to me. Through the verses I randomly read (though not really counted as QT).
Like last night, (I use this app called Daily Verses) and the verse of the day was:
"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3
I really felt an assurance that He would be there with me throughout the interview and that I could have access to a peace that defies human understanding. All I need to do is to trust in God. Be still and know He is God and that He has a plan.
Which brings me to this morning's devotion by Proverbs 31 Ministries. The verse was:
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose ." Romans 8:28
Isn't it just great to know that someone is in control? Maybe not you, but at least someone who loves you a whole great deal more than anyone else is calling the shots in our situation. He was just assuring me this morning that He HAS a plan. And that it is for my good. No matter whether I get in or I don't, it's all part of His plan and I need to trust Him.
So here's my prayer for today.
Dear Father, thank You so much for your great love. Thank You for understanding how anxious and worried and TOTALLY FREAKED OUT over the interview.
I want to acknowledge that indeed You are the one that has brought me this far. From the point I gave up on applying this year and waiting for next year's intake instead to actually having the courage to appeal to having the application form to apply to having the opportunity of applying to initially-not-allowed-to-apply-late courses such as Medicine and Dentistry to actually having an interview scheduled for me.
Thank You that You have demonstrated Your control over the situation time and time again. Thank You for Your assurances to me that everything that happens is for good. I know that You will be with me during the interview and I just pray for your calming peace and presence to overflow and fill me.
I pray for the Holy Spirit to just fill my mouth with the words to express my innermost desire to be a doctor (Not tongues though. The panel might not understand. Hahah, okay. Joke, heh.)
But this is really what I want. If you have placed this desire within me and it is Your will, then please let it be done. If it is not, I want your reassurance after the results are out that indeed You are still in control.
Help me to be still and trust in You, God. It's been quite a long time since I've been on fire for You but I still want to be like the little child You once saw. Hungering for more of Your presence, ministering to the friends around her and just being a testimony of faith and trust in You. Bring me back. Make me new once again. Forgive me, renew me.
Thank You Father, I love you too. :)