So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For, "In just a little while,
he who is coming will come
and will not delay."
(Hebrews 10:35-37 NIV)
This has been the verse in my wallet for ministry. To remind me of God's promise. I know He is returning soon and when He does, He will sort the goats from the sheep. He is the one that searches our hearts. And I pray that He'll find in mine a heart that longs to serve and love Him.
It's not easy - serving God. It was never meant to be easy. We are meant to be persecuted.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4 NIV)
But nowadays, look at the easy life we are leading as Christians. Look at all of us who say that Jesus Christ is our Lord, who say that we have forsaken the world to carry the cross daily. Do we really? When we study, what is it for? Self glorification or to glorify God? It's really so difficult sometimes to realize that the lives we're leading are so substandard.
There's a real war going on. That hostility I met with during walk up Evangelism and that traumatized me. That was my first warning, wasn't it? Don't step into the battlefield without first equipping yourself with the armor of God.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:12 NIV)
This is insane. It sounds insane but it just shows us how blinded we are to what the devil has been doing. Is the Church ready for battle? We have become complacent with how we're living our lives, haven't we.
I felt like it was preparation phase now. The dreams, the testimonies, the encouragement. I see it. I see myself going towards the battlefield. Am I ready? Will I be so dumb to step onto the battlefield without His armor again?
I don't know my role in this war. Some are chosen as generals to step forth and recruit the army. Some are chosen as messengers to complete the Great Commission and to reach out to the rest. The way we Fight will be different but we're still the same. We fight for the same reason. It's crazy. But it's real and it's coming. Am I ready?
Are His people ready?